10% Off for Military Members
Thank you active, veteran, retired, and reservist military members, for your service. Verify your eligibility and receive a 10% off discount code on any Purple order for you and your family.*
Once verified, you'll receive a discount code for 10% off.
Who is eligible?
How do I verify my military eligibility?
How long does it take to get verified?
What happens when I verify my status?
Is the military discount eligible for retroactive orders?
How do I know you won't sell or share my ID and information?
Can I learn more about military mattress discounts?
With a Purple, you won’t need to worry about “how long does a mattress last?” While most mattresses only last 5-8 years, the average lifespan of a Purple is 10-20 years. Plus, every Purple mattress is backed by a 10-year warranty, for added peace of mind. Purple’s top-quality mattresses and bedding products, combined with its military discount, can help you get a great night’s sleep for years to come. Keep up to date on our 4th of July mattress sale.
Purple offers a regular 10-percent discount to all eligible military members, including active duty, veterans, retirees, military spouses, registered dependents and reservists as a thank-you for the service they have provided – and continue to provide – to our country. All you have to do is visit purple.com/military-discount and verify your eligibility. Once verified, you’ll receive a 10%-off promo code that you can apply to your order during checkout.
Most people are instantly verified, and if not, they are typically notified within 20 minutes whether their verification has gone through. So, you can have your new Purple Mattress well on its way to you with a half-hour at the most. The military discount is good at purple.com and also at participating retailers who sell the original Purple Mattress and the new Purple Hybrid mattresses. If you’re making an in-store purchase, you may also have to show valid identification, even if you’ve already been verified through the Purple site.
Claim Your Purple Military Mattress Discount Today
Military personnel and their families are honored by various retailers and service providers across the nation. These military discounts are a great way for merchants and retailers across the country to express their gratitude for the service and sacrifice made by the United States armed forces. If you qualify for any of these military discounts, make sure to take advantage of them —especially when it comes to shopping Purple for you and your family. We appreciate the sacrifices you have made for your country and we sincerely thank you for your service.
What are other interesting military discounts?
- Theme Parks/Entertainment
- Retail/Name Brands
- Cell Phone Plans
- Rental Cars
America’s military members deserve our gratitude, and it’s heartening to see how many retailers across the country have begun offering a special military discount – both as part of regular business procedures and to observe special days that honor our military. Many of these discounts use a broad definition of “military,” which includes active duty, reserve, the National Guard, Coast Guard, disabled veterans – and many times, spouses, dependents, and household members. But make sure you know who qualifies – while most discounts apply to active military, those same discounts aren’t always extended to veterans or family. It’s important to note that many companies offer military discounts – but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they actively promote those discounts. If you’re not sure whether a retailer offers a military discount, don’t be afraid to ask. Many companies are more than willing to honor a military discount if you simply inquire about it. How Do I Qualify for a Military Discount?
Most companies that offer military discounts will require you to verify your military status. The easiest way to do that in person is to show your military ID. And if you’re using an online discount, most retailers who offer military discounts will also give you the opportunity to upload the appropriate documentation through their site. You can also upload your information to sites like ID.me, Troop ID, or SheerID, where multiple retailers can access it in order to verify your military status. Appropriate documents may include discharge paperwork or DD Form 214, for example. Where Can I Find Military Discounts?
You have several options when it comes to one-stop shops for finding lists of armed forces discount opportunities. A simple online search can help yield useful information. For example, the American Legion is a tremendous resource and regularly updates its database of available military discounts. Some online discounts might be tied to membership in an organization, such as USAA, Veterans Advantage, Veteran Affairs, or VFW. 6 Military Discounts You Might Not Know About
Let’s take a closer look at some of the military appreciation discounts you can find at your disposal. Many times, companies honor military discounts without promoting them heavily, but below are some places you can check out for possible military discounts — a few of them might even surprise you.
- Theme Parks/Entertainment
Who knew that some of your favorite theme parks offer discounts for armed forces families? Whether you’re more interested in water parks, museums, or zoos, you can find a wide range of attractions across the country that honor military personnel and their families with special deals and discounts. This even includes such big names as Beaches Resorts, Carnegie Hall, Disneyland, and the popular “Waves of Honor” program offered by SeaWorld. Discounts vary widely, so just make sure to check out individual websites or call and ask someone about discounts specific to a theme park or attraction. Some theme parks may offer discounted tickets, while others may even offer free admission to military personnel and their families.
- Retail/Name Brands
Armed forces personnel can often find deals and discounts on name-brand retail items as well. Below are just a few big-name brands that honor military service with special discounts:
- Aeropostale – Will often honor a 10% discount, even though the company has no formally promoted military discount program.
- Apple – The tech giant offers a 10% discount to active duty military members and their household family members.
- Cinemark Movie Theaters – This chain of theaters offers discounted tickets when you present a valid military ID.
- Costco – This big-box store will offer $60 worth of savings whenever active-duty military personnel, veterans, or their dependents open a store membership.
- Eastbay – Military members can receive a 20% discount on online orders.
- Gap companies, including Old Navy and Banana Republic – These stores will honor a 10% discount for active-duty personnel, military retirees, reservists, and disabled veterans.
- Macy’s – Stores will offer a 10% discount with current military ID.
- Nike – The brand will honor a 10% special discount on online and in-store purchases for military personnel with a valid ID.
- Purple - Eligible veteran, retired, reservist, and active military members and their families can sleep better than ever after receiving a military mattress discount of 10% off any Purple order.
- Cell Phone Plans
Some wireless carriers offer discounts to eligible military armed forces and their families – including major names such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. Benefits can include discounts on your provider plan and new phones.
Travel can be a huge expense for any family, and many airlines seek to make travel a little easier for eligible military families by offering travel discounts on flights. In addition to flight discounts, some airlines offer priority boarding and may also waive baggage or fees related to canceling or changing flights. You might also get access to preferred seating or other special offers. Some of the popular airlines that offer special travel discounts for military members include Allegiant Air, Alaskan Air, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, and Southwest Airlines.
Once you’ve made your way to your destination, you’ll also want a safe and comfortable place to stay that also doesn’t eat up your entire travel budget. Luckily, you have many good choices when it comes to hotels that also offer special military discounts. Some of your options include the following:
- Affinia Hotels – Eligible military families can save up to 25%.
- Atlantis Casino Resort & Spa – Active and retired military can enjoy discounts of up to 15%.
- Best Western Hotels – The chain offers discounts of 10% or more to military and civilian military personnel, American Legion members and veterans.
- Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas – Active and retired military personnel and their families can get a 10% special discount at participating locations.
- Clarion Hotels – The Clarion chain offers several different levels of discounts, which vary by location. You can check with individual hotels to learn more about their discount policies.
- Comfort Inn – This hotel chain also offers a variety of discounts based on location and availability, so you’ll need to check with the particular location you’re interested in to find out what they offer and what’s available.
- Hilton – Many Hilton hotels, including Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, and Garden Inn, offer a special government/military rate that you can check when you book your stay.
- Marriott – Like many of the hotel chains presented here, Marriott leaves the level of military personnel discount up to each individual property, so make sure to ask what they are willing to honor when you book your stay.
- Red Lion – Eligible active duty and retired military personnel can save up to 30% on room rates at properties that participate in Red Lion’s military discount program.
This list isn’t exhaustive, but it gives you a general idea of the scope and types of hotels that are willing to offer a military discount. Just remember to ask any hotel when you book your stay to find out for sure whether they offer a discount.
- Rental Cars
Your military ID can also earn you some significant discounts or other special offers on rental cars when you travel. For example, you might get a discounted rate or certain fees waived. Car rental companies, such as Avis, Hertz, Dollar, and Alamo, offer discounts ranging anywhere from 5-20% on your car rental. You’ll need to show your valid military ID, and some programs may require you to register for a military- or veteran-specific membership program in order to enjoy the full range of benefits.
*Our military discount offer is valid online at purple.com and at participating retail stores. Proper identification must be shown. The code is valid for one-time use online, or card must be presented in-store at checkout. Valid on full-price merchandise only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Purple reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion at any time. No price adjustments will be made on previous purchases. Purchases made with this offer are not eligible for future price adjustments. Discount applies to merchandise only and not shipping & handling, taxes, or packaging.